Spiritual Guidance / Companionship
I am not affiliated with any one religion or spiritual tradition. My guidance is sourced from my understanding and experience with several mystical religious traditions, as well as well as with a number of spiritual and wisdom traditions.
I am a member of Spiritual Directors International.
A two- year training program with Thomas Atum O’Kane, Ph.D. contributed to my preparation for acting as a spiritual guide. I also believe having a strong foundation in the major tenets of psychology is a vital element of spiritual guiding. Spiritual unfoldment should be an aspect of our overall development as people. My perspective is our psychological, emotional and physical dimensions cannot be bypassed in the name of spiritual growth.
Spiritual guiding is not an outcome of the New Age movement. It is an ancient tradition that has been part of most religions and many spiritual traditions. As well, spiritual guiding is different than becoming someone’s spiritual teacher. I act as a guide, companion, or midwife regarding issues concerning our spiritual nature.
The issues that might bring someone to seek a spiritual guide/director vary. The following are some of the inquiries commonly undertaken:
- Matters pertaining to soul and spirit
- Reconciling issue that arose from religious/spiritual indoctrination
- Coming to terms with life threatening illness and/or preparing for the passage of death
- Reconciling the death of a loved one
- Struggling with a dark night of the soul – loss of faith and meaning of life
- Spiritual experiences such as: near death experiences, life- altering experiences that open someone to another dimension, kundalini openings
- Guidance in creating meaningful spiritual practices
I also offer a training program for those interested in further integrating psychology and spirituality. Please see the Seminars/programs page of this website for the outline of “Psyche, Soul and Spirit”. The program is an excellent way to deepen your relationship with various aspects of yourself; additionally, it provides very practical training for working with others.